Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Hills Have Eyes (2006)



Are all the modern day horror movies remakes?! First off let me say that I've never seen Wes Craven's original The Hills Have Eyes so I won't be comparing these two. In fact I'm not even sure when I originally saw the trailer for the 2006 remake that I knew it was a remake.


This was another film that I caught in the theatre while in college. I didn't know anything about the movie going in other than what I had seen in the trailer. Wow. What an intense movie. I genuinely felt for the family being terrorized throughout the film. While it has become one of my favorite horror movies I find it hard to re-watch it. It's not that it's a bad movie or even the gore. It just seems so authentically real that it creeps me out a little. Now being the father of 2 young girls there is one scene in the movie that is really disturbing. It's not that it's graphic - it (mostly) happens off camera. If you've seen this movie then you probably know what scene I'm eluding to.

All in all this is a fantastic movie. The character development is great. The "hero" of the movie is probably the last person you would expect. That may be a little cliche now, but it worked then. I was totally joyous in rooting for the family to survive.

1 comment:

  1. I don't want to say too much about the movie, but I will say that I wish I had a dog like that family's.

    ReplyDelete