Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Transformers War for Cybertron - Siege: Ratchet


Walgreens, a drug store company in the US has had a good history of working with Hasbro over the past few years to feature exclusive characters/toys. One of the more recent Transformers exclusives they featured was Ratchet from the Siege toyline. It's been a long time since I went out toy hunting, but I felt this was a figure that was worthy of the hunt. Several months back I was able to secure one and thought I'd share my take on the classic Autobot medic.




Ratchet is more than a simple remold / color swap of Ironhide. While Ratchet does retain the same Cybertronian "mini-van" form as his fellow Autobot warrior, Ratchet features a new front bumper and some other slight retooling. He is cast in white plastic, but as you can see from the above pictures not all the pieces are the shade shade of white. There is also the addition of the battle damage like most Siege figures have.


Any good robot medic would have his tools and Ratchet is no exception. His included tools / weaponry can be attached to the top of his vehicle mode. Here they obviously look more like weapons than tools, but if you look carefully you can see Ratchet's wrench plugged in.


I feel as if this "repair bay" mode is a little of a stretch, but if it weren't included in the official instructions I would have thought it was just a fan mode that someone came up with. It's basically the vehicle mode with the arms folded down.




When I initially took these pictures I didn't have Ironhide nearby, but I did have Crosshairs. I always like to include some side by side comparison images so Crosshairs will have to do. This is a great mold, no matter which character you purchase. The Siege line was really impressive and helped keep the fire burning that the Power of the Primes and Titans Return line ignited.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't know that Ratchet was a Walgreens exclusive. Never saw one at a Walgreens either though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized after I posted this review of Ratchet that I never actually finished it! I started this post over two years ago, but it got "lost" on my "in draft" list.

      Delete