Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Mega Construx: Terminator Genisys - T-800


The last great Terminator movie was the second movie, yet the franchise is still alive thanks to the latest installment, Genisys. I can't say I'm a fan, but I didn't hesitate too much when I found this T-800 Terminator Mega Construx figure in the clearance bin for a buck.


I'm more familiar with the older Mega Bloks brand, only purchasing a few Masters of the Universe Mega Construx figures prior to this purchase. I do like the larger figure stands that are included. The T-800 comes with a machine gun (that has a way too long handle IMO) and a white skull accessory.


Ever since I picked up my first Mega Bloks HALO mini figure, I have liked these figures. If it weren't for all the other things I collect, I may have gone head first into more of these series and figures. The level of detail included is absolutely gorgeous, especially on the head sculpt. Like with all of the mini figures that Mega Construx has released, the articulation is excellent for a buildable figure of this scale.

I found this to be a fun little "desk bot" to fiddle around with and I would think despite what you think of the source material, if you are a fan of the Terminator franchise you would like this mini figure.

3 comments:

  1. Terminator 2 is my favorite in the franchise and it's not even close. That being said... I enjoy all of the Terminator movies and even the Sarah Connor Chronicles tv show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I forgot about the TV series...that wasn't too bad.

      Delete
  2. I really don't think there's a worthy competitor to T2, other than the first. I also loved the tv show and franchise as a whole. I keep hoping the latest movie (not Genisys :) ) would deliver the goods, but sadly walk away disappointed.

    ReplyDelete