Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Hot Wheels: Volkswagon T2 Pickup (Volkswagon 3/10)


From a young age I've always been intrigued by Volkswagon automobiles, thanks in large part to the VW Beetle. While I don't know a lot about the brand or it's history, when I saw this T2 pickup hanging on the pegs of my local Target store I didn't hesitate to grab it.



This T2 is part of a subline of Volkswagon vehicles, so the design may have something to do with that. The majority of the truck's die-cast metal body sports this nice metallic copper with streaks of yellow, orange and red down the side. Fifteen52 is stamped on the top of the truck's cab. The truck does it low on it's frame with shiney gold rims peaking out. Silver chrome bumpers and side running panels finish off the look.


On the back of the truck where the tailgate would normally be, sits a cut out are with the engine partially exposed. The engine appears to be die-cast metal and painted (?) black. You can see that the bed of the truck is flat with small grooves. Some red paint on the taillights would have been a nice touch.

Overall this is a fun Hot Wheels vehicle and one that I'm glad I picked up. I don't buy a lot of die-cast vehicles, but when one stands out like it's bound to catch my eye.

2 comments:

  1. I love VW's. I wish Hot Wheels did more with them. Thankfully Greenlight has done a lot with them in recent years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post. VW's always make for fun diecast.

    ReplyDelete