Wednesday, February 6, 2019

New Comic Wednesday - 02/06/19

I haven't kept up with these New Comic Wednesday posts like I would have liked, but between with my work and travel schedule and home life I fell behind. However fear not as I'm back w/ some new books!

Only 3 new books for me this week - would've been 4, but my LCS didn't have one of them. None the less, I still left with some nice books.


I started reading Daredevil (again) during Marvel's Legacy campaign...which I missed a few issues along the way. I was curious to see what was going to end up to Matt since I heard they were killing off his character...then he immediately came back and of course that led to another #1 issue. I do admit I was on the fence, but this beautiful Humberto Ramos variant reeled me in. Normally I don't go for the variants that have nothing to do w/ the book, but this one was too sweet to pass up.


Finally the weekly Uncanny X-Men issues are over! I'm a few issues behind on this title, but it's been fun reading something other than Spider-Man or Avengers related characters again. I went for another one of the Skrulls variants just because I thought it was the best cover I had to choose from. My LCS has the Rob Liefeld Wolverine variant...but it's Liefeld!


During my heyday of reading the X titles I got to witness the epic Age of Apocalypse and Onslaught stories. I loved both and kept reading the X-Man title for awhile after the big crossover stories. I've missed A LOT of stories and stuff since then so I'm really out of the loop, but this Age of X-Man story was enough to keep me reading. This variant of Storm seems to be pretty popular at the moment so I'm glad I was able to grab it.


I also flipped through a box or two of their dollar stock and I was psyched to find 4 books from the the first volume of Captain America. Check out these awesome Mike Zeck covers too.

That's it for now. Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. That Daredevil cover you opened with is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humberto Ramos is one of my favorite artists...so it's hard to turn down his work. I am hoping the actual story in Daredevil is good as well. If not, well at least I got a freakin' sweet cover!

      Delete