Monday, February 18, 2019

Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Scarlet Witch

Last summer I posted about the half of the "Maidens of Might", Captain Marvel from the Odin Build-A-Figure wave. It's about time we look the other half, none other than the powerful mutant herself...Scarlet Witch.

 

For many years the general collecting community was robbed of receiving decent female sculpted action figures. Either the body proportions would be off, or the face sculpt would look horrible. Scarlet Witch had a few dud figures herself, but finally thanks to Hasbro we have a version of the mutant that is worthy of adding to our collections.


Wanda Maximoff is in her traditional costume, which while may be a little dated is still one of my favorite looks for her. Thigh high boots, long gloves, cape and traditional head piece, the designers have captured the classic essence of the Scarlet Witch.


When it comes to the face of the character that isn't based on a particular actor or actress, as long as it's a decent attempt at the character I'm OK. After all, every artist that draws the character has their own take so I'm happy with the way Wanda came out. The sculpted hair looks nice, with pieces draped over her head piece. She does have a rather somber tone on her face however. Perhaps she's still thinking of how she nearly screwed up the Marvel Universe w/ "no more mutants" she uttered?


Wanda comes packaged with two (heavily) re-purposed "ring" accessories. I can't remember which figure these accessories were first packaged with (Doctor Strange), but they do a good job re-creating her Hex mutant powers. 

Hasbro did an excellent job with this figure in my opinion. While not my favorite female Marvel Legends figure I have in my collection, it makes a good one, two punch w/ Captain Marvel. It seems this figure runs anywhere from $20-30 on the secondary market these days if you missed her from a few years ago.

3 comments:

  1. Is that outfit dated? I think it still looks great, certainly much better than a lot of what the more modern characters are wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only mean dated as in the costume hasn't changed much in the years...unlike other characters that have multiple costume changes or upgrades.

      Delete
  2. I don't read the comics, but I love her character in the movies. As for the figure... I'm actually more interested in that Odin build-a-figure. Headed over to YT to see if anyone has done a review of that figure.

    ReplyDelete