Friday, November 16, 2018

Hot Wheels: '15 Dodge Challenger SRT (Muscle Mania 4/10)


From time to time when I'm rummaging the toy department at my local Target or Walmart I'll find myself on the die-cast vehicle aisle looking at Hot Wheels. While I've longed given up on "collecting" Hot Wheels and other die-cast vehicles, I can still find a few that catch my eye. This 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT is part of Hot Wheels' 50th Anniversary, part of the Muscle Mania subset.



I'm not a "gear head", bur I can recognize the beauty of this muscle car. I love the shiny black paint with the subtle touch of blue used on the nose and on the sides.


Sometimes less is more and I feel like that is what Mattel gave us with this version of this mold. The wild and tacky deco that is used at times on these cars may attract kids and other people, but I like the toned down more "serious" look and this deco fits that bill.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I knew more about Hot Wheels. I've considered collecting them a few times. Each time I decide to hold off. I recently discovered a company called Greenlight though that makes these VW buses and Squarebacks that I'm really tempted to collect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the first thing about collecting Hot Wheels either...I just buy a few that catch my eye from time to time.

      Delete