Saturday, November 16, 2013

Beast Saga: Turlock BS-19

It's been awhile since I've visited one of my new favorite non-Transformers brands...Beast Saga!  Has it really been over a year since I did my first Beast Saga review?  Well in the past year I've managed to acquire the entire line of figures to date!  Every single release, every 3 pack as well as the gift set containing a total of 6 figures.  I have every intention on showcasing each figure over time, but until then I thought we take a look at Turlock.

BS-19 Turlock photo Saga001_zpsc4a5da83.jpg   BS-19 Turlock photo Saga002_zps6dd433f2.jpg

If you didn't already know, Beast Saga is essentially the spiritual successor to Battle Beasts, or Beastformers as they were known in Japan.  Replaced are the rub symbols featuring fire, water and wood.  In their place are dice.  Yes, there is a card and dice game associated with these cool figures.  Unfortunately I don't know squat about how the game is played.  There are three tribes represented in Beast Saga.  Land (good), Air (good) and Sea (evil).  Turlock falls into the last category...although does he look that evil?

Bigger and more robust than their Battle Beast cousins, these Beast Saga figures pack a lot of detail into such a tiny sculpt.  From the design of the armor to the features of each animal these toys aren't just bland little action figures with a gimmick.  Putting the game aspect aside, I like the dice launcher in the chest.  When a dice is inserted the plunger does stick out the back of the figure, but not so far that it would impede on other figures in your display.

Now that I've got all of the figures opened finally, I'm working on a display for each tribe.  I really hope Takara Tomy does more with this line of figures.  It's been awhile since any new figures have been released in Japan so I hope that doesn't mean this is the end of the line.  If it is, I've got plenty to keep me busy.

3 comments:

  1. I used to love the Battle Beasts!
    How big / small is this compared to other toy (difficult to see scale from the photos).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out my review of Raioga, there are several comparison pics there.

      Delete