Friday, October 13, 2023

Greenlight Garbage Pail Kids: Frye Day

 

Happy Friday the 13th everyone! I hope everyone survives the scariest day of the year! For today's post I wanted to share a collaboration between Greenlight Collectibles and Topps' Garbage Pail Kids that I thought was perfect for today's "theme".


Frye Day was included in series 2 of the line and features a reproduction of the vintage GPK card/sticker as well as a 1970 Jeep CJ-5.




For the most part I really enjoy the 1:64 scale vehicles that Greenlight Collectibles has released. The GPK line is hit and miss with the vehicle selection in my opinion, but this is a great vehicle and choice for the Friday the 13th theme. I believe it was in the original flick that one of the caretakers of Camp Crystal Lake drove a jeep similar to this one.

The Jeep has a nice metallic dark green paint with a removable hard plastic top that is to resemble to a soft top. There aren't any opening parts on this vehicle. The rubber tires are thick and have "Garbage Pail Kids" written in white on the walls of the tires, including the spare tire on the back, 




I nice little added touch is the inclusion of Jason Vorhees' iconic white hockey mask tampoed on the rear window of the vehicle. I don't think I noticed this until I recently took the Jeep out of it's plastic prison!

How are you spending your Friday the 13th? I might just pull out my Blu-Ray collection of Friday the 13th movies and give the original a spin again. Whatever you do to celebrate the day, have fun and stay out of the woods!

3 comments:

  1. I would've liked it a whole lot more had they done a Dwight Frye day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garbage Pail Kids remake action adventure fantasy comedy film is coming to Paramount Pictures and Columbia Pictures summer 2025.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a delight to explore unique and nostalgic collectibles, and your insights on this particular item are much appreciated.
    kohls cash expired

    ReplyDelete