Friday, October 13, 2023

NECA Toony Terrors: Jason Voorhees

 

While I am a pretty big fan of horror, especially 80's slashers like Friday the 13th, I don't often buy horror themed figures or statues. I only have this in my collection due to a customer giving it to me after I made them some killer deals (pun intended) at a NC Underground toy swap a few months back.

I've seen these in the NECA section at my local Target stores before, but never paid them much attention. Now that I have one in my possession, Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) may end up being purchased...maybe even Freddy Kruger (A Nightmare on Elm Street) as well.


The Toony Terrors line features iconic horror icons in a not so scary manner. Jason Voorhees stands at 6 inches tall and features 5 points of articulation - head, shoulders, hips/legs. I can't place the movie that Jason wore this particular outfit he's dressed in, but it works. His hockey mask looks fantastic. There aren't any cuts taken out of the mask, so I'm putting this one in the part 2 or 3 time period. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Jason is wearing a tattered green button up shirt with what appears to be a blue undershirt. There is a ripped section on his left sleeve. The buttons on the shirt are also blue. His pants are brown and also look a little tattered, a small hole can be found in the thigh of his right leg. To finish it out he's wearing a pair of black boots. 


Jason comes included with his trusty machete. The blade has some stylized blue paint to mimmick it shining in the light. It fits snuggly in his right hand, which is posed with a bend at the elbow. His left arm just hands down, which I'm fine with...but his hand is open and looks a little odd.


The back of the blister card features a small background that can be cut out. I'm not sure if I'll end up keeping this, but it's a nice little bonus I guess. Overall this is a fun little figure. If I still worked in an office, I'm sure this would reside somewhere on my desk. In the meantime, I'll have to work Jason in on my horror movie shelf somehow. I believe these retail for $14.99 if you're so inclined to pick one up for yourself. Happy Friday the 13th!

1 comment: