Thursday, August 18, 2022

Hot Wheels - 2022 Mystery Models Series 2: #01 '91 GMC Syclone (super chase)


I missed my opportunity to look for any of the chase vehicles from Series 1 of the new Mystery Models, but I happened to find several boxes the other day at my local Walmart that appeared to be full. Like with previous years, the partially-blind bag packaging features a small transparent circle in the lower right corner that allows you to get a peak at the vehicle inside. While the car assortment images aren't printed on the back of the bag, you can see the whole mix featured on the side of the gravity feeder box. Series two features 3 chase vehicles with #01 in the set being a surprise.

While I wasn't sure what type of truck #01 was in the set, I knew it was one that I wanted to find. The more I looked at the silhouette on the side of the gravity feeder box I started to wonder if it might be the GMC Syclone...and I was right! Good luck finding this one as it's packaged once in every two boxes.

The overall deco on this truck is beautiful. First off, the shiny black finish is fantastic. Throw in the multi-colored pin stripes on the hood and sides of the truck and you've got yourself a slammer of a vehicle. The matching black interior just helps this truck "bleed" cool. The chromed teal pinstripe on the black wheels is the cherry on top. It would have been really nice to have some painted details on the front and back of the truck, but I can forgive this omission just based on the overall deco.




1 comment: