Friday, April 1, 2022

WWE Elite Collection WrestleMania Series (2022): Shawn Michaels

 

Just in time for WrestleMania this weekend comes the annual Elite Collection WrestleMania series. The series features three hall of famers and a future HOFer. Each figure comes with a build-a-figure piece to build a tuxedo clad Vince McMahon.

We'll start off this series of posts with Shawn Michaels. This particular version of the Shawn is the WrestleMania XXVI where he put his career on the line against the Undertaker. If you're a wrestling fan, then you'll know that this match didn't go well for the "Heartbreak Kid".

The packaging for these WrestleMania figures mimics the regular Elite Collection, but mixes in the WrestleMania 38 logo...that unfortunately incorporates the Dallas Cowboys star. The back of the packaging lists some of Shawn's career highlights, including the aforementioned WrestleMania XXVI.


This is the first Shawn Michaels figure that I've opened so I was looking forward to this figure. I love the wrestling gear he has, even though his top is cloth. I generally don't care for cloth clothing/accessories, however this one isn't too bad. It's got a fairly ornate design printed on both the front and back and the sides have three individual pieces of fabric attached to front/back. The deco on the paints is meant to replicate the leather cowboy chaps he is known for wearing. I like the silver accent added to the tips of his boots.

While this figure captures Shawn's likeness, I can't help but think his face looks tired. It's a great sculpt, but it's not quite what I was expecting.




Like with many figures that feature a cloth shirt/jacket/robe, it is removable. It's a little tight despite it fitting the figure somewhat loosely, however removing the hands helps removing his vest. I was surprised to see his chest wasn't that toned, then again this figure does represent Shawn later in his career. He comes with a set of interchangeable hands, but they are the open posed hands that I believe most people won't use that often.


The included Vince McMahon build-a-figure parts are his arms with a set of interchangeable hands. These are the exact same pair of hands that are also included with Shawn Michaels.

This is a good solid figure, however it didn't wow me as much as I thought. For now he'll go into my WWE HOF collection, but I'll probably be on the lookout for another version eventually. I've yet to see this series at local retail, but I would imagine they'll sell fairly well, I mean doesn't everyone want a throw back announcer Vince McMahon figure in their collection?

2 comments:

  1. Another run of WWE figures? Nice. I'm looking forward to seeing the Stone Cold figure post. Love the knee braces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only because it's WrestleMania weekend. Next week, I hope to get back into some die-cast cars/trucks and Transformers.

      Delete