Sunday, March 8, 2020

Hot Wheels: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Collection


A few weeks ago while traveling for work I stopped in a Walmart with the hopes of finding the "new" Masters of the WWE figures or perhaps even some of the new Transformers Earthrise figures. While my quest for either of those was null and void, I did manage to come across a collection of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles themed Hot Wheels. I had not seen these before and with the cars being based on the classic animation design I found it hard not to pay them attention. I looked through the sparsely populated pegs and was able to piece together an entire set of 5 vehicles. Had I been able to find a second set I probably would have bought them so I could leave a set intact as the packaging is "totally rad!"

I find it difficult to review a Hot Wheels vehicle so instead of me rambling on and on, I'm just going to leave you with pictures of each vehicle. I hope you enjoy.

Leonardo - #1 Rogue Hog





Michaelangelo - #2 Midnight Otto





Donatello - #3 Rrroadster





Raphael - #4 The Vanster





#05 Surfin' School Bus




Personally I believe these to be some of the nicer licensed property themed sets I've seen released in the Hot Wheels banner in some time. I believe they were priced at $1.27 each. Since I found these I've only seen one individual TMNT vehicle at Walmart. Have you seen these in your area? If so, please comment below.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. I especially like the packaging. I don't really go to Walmart, but I did hit Target on Saturday and walked down the Hot Wheel aisle (looking for a Big Foot monster truck) and didn't see any of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen these from time to time but I've never had the urge to buy any since these cars just seem to be "put a theme on a Hot Wheels car and jack up the price". Kinda like all the Avengers themed cars. But yes they look nice.

    ReplyDelete