Saturday, February 15, 2020

Loyal Subjects Transformers Action Vinyls (Wave 3): Swoop

Earlier on the blog I mentioned purchased two sealed blind packaged Action Vinyls from the 3rd wave from a local discount store. The first box I open had Rumble hiding inside and the second box had a Dinobot, particularly Swoop!

When I first looked at the box and saw the characters included in this wave, I knew I wanted Swoop as both the character and the original G1 toy were childhood favorites of mine. Little did I know I was about to get my wish when I took the two boxes to the checkout counter.



Being a blind packaged collectible the box they come in looks the same regardless of what character is found inside. For the 3rd wave the Constructicon Scrapper was featured on the front. The back gives you clues as to who the chase characters could be, while the sides of the box show the 10 main characters. The other Dinobot in this wave is Sludge.


Swoop was and still is my favorite of all the Dinobots, so pulling him out of the package was pretty sweet. Like with Rumble, he came disassembled with his wings, beak and sword being in a small sealed bag separate from the main figure. Each wing simply pegged into the back of the figure, while the small beak pegged into a small hole in the chest. The sword can be wielded in either hand, but it's a tight fit and not the easiest to get into his hand (or out of his hand for that matter).

Again the sculpting of the head is great. Swoop retains his classic "horn" look on his head, part of his dino mode, along with his visor in place of eyes. This is a direct carry over from the original G1 toy design as his animation model gave him eyes. Sculpted on the underside of his wings are his missile launchers. The added partial dino beak on the chest really help complete the look of the figure. Even if I wasn't so partial to this character, this is easily one of the best Action Vinyl Transformers figures I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment