Wednesday, September 19, 2018

New Comic Wednesday - 09/19/18

Another week has passed and more new Marvel comics have been released. I don't have all of these new books in my possession yet, but I was able to pick up a few books from my local comic shop that I didn't order from DCBS. Reading the synopsis for these issues has me very eager to read them, but first I've still got to work through my backlog!


Avengers #8 kicks off a new story line and a new team of Avengers. I believe they also unveil the Avenger's new base, Avengers Mountain. Hmm...

I originally wasn't going to bother with West Coast Avengers, but I picked up issue #1 on a whim and liked it. When I saw that Tigra was going to play a part in the ongoing story (and appear on the cover of #2) I knew I had to at least see this story out. 


Spinning out of the Infinity Wars story comes new characters, such as Soldier Supreme. I love the mash of Captain America and Doctor Strange, plus it plays a part in the larger role of the story and as a bonus it has a Humberto Ramos cover! Interested to see how this plays out.

Doctor Strange #5 still has Stephen in space...something that intrigues me. I'm not his biggest fan, but when I heard they were sending him into space I thought I'd at least check out the initial story arc.


Right on the heels of the Captain Marvel movie trailer premiere comes the 3rd issue of The Life of Captain Marvel. I don't always buy variants, but I have opted to buy the variants for this series. For issue 3 Joe Quesada provided the pencils. The regular cover is on the left and the variant is on the right. This series re-explores the origin of Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel. I'm really looking forward to reading this mini-series.


Immortal Hulk #6 - Bruce Banner is alive...and he's begin chased by the government, Alpha Flight and even the Avengers. Still a lot of mystery going on with this title.

Venom #6 continues the story of Eddie and his symbiote and his new power set? There has been a lot of noise about this series and what Donny Cates has been doing so this is another new series I eagerly await getting caught up so I can read.


I loved the huge Spider-Verse story line from a few years ago so I've been eagerly awaiting Spider-Geddon. Edge of Spider-Geddon #3 tales the story of an Uncle Ben from another timeline that has Spider powers. This oughta be good!

That's it for this week. Catch you back here with next week's haul.

2 comments:

  1. 2nd comic book post I've read tonight. Absolutely love the cover art. I think the Venom #6 is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been A LOT of talk about this current Venom series/story. While I'm not the biggest Venom fan, I like what they've been doing with the character since Flash Thompson took over. Now that Eddie is back, it's interesting to see the direction their going. It's times like this that I hate being behind in my reading.

      Delete