Monday, September 10, 2018

Marvel Super Hero Mashers Micro: Groot vs Rocket Raccoon

I'll be honest with you, I didn't pay any attention to Hasbro's Mashers line of interchangeable action figures when they were on retail shelves. I only picked up these mini versions when I found them uber cheap on Walmart.com. I'm glad I purchased them and wish I had now paid them more attention as they are fun little toys to mess with.


The premise of the Micro sets are the same as the regular Mashers, just the character's body is much smaller and non-articulated. The interchangeable pieces however are compatible with the larger figures.

You can see some of the other two packs in this wave, such as Hulk, Star Lord, Hulk Buster Iron Man and Black Panther. I really wish I could've found either of those two sets.


The figures themselves stand at about 1 1/2 inches tall. The paint apps are minimal to down right missing. Groot got some green highlight all over where as Rocket's body is is sorely missing some paint to bring out the design in the mold. 

Rocket came with two weapons for him to wield while Groot came with an additional hand to switch out.


In my humble opinion, Groot is the clear standout winner in this two pack. I especially like this additional hand he came packaged with. I'm not sure why, but I do.


Part of the draw with all of the Masher figures is the ability to switch their parts create new characters so to speak. I used Rocket's body along with some Spider-Man, Dr. Octopus and Groot parts I had near by.


Overall I found these toys to be a lot of fun as-is, but the more Micro sets I opened and the more parts I had I started to see the interest in the part swapping. I really hate I missed out on these when I had the opportunity to readily pick them up, but I'm glad none the less to have the few sets that I do.

2 comments:

  1. If they had these as a kid, I could see myself being entertained for hours... sitting down at the family room table exchanging and building different characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these mashers. There is no end to the combinations. Especially like the Rocket and Groot figures.

    ReplyDelete