Friday, January 21, 2011

Canceled Target Exclusive G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra Sand Serpent jet w/ Star-Viper


Sorry everyone - this post is just a shameless plug for a eBay auction of mine.  You may or may not have heard that Ross stores have picked up the Rise of Cobra toys that were slated as Target Exclusives.  For some reason (sales?) Target canceled these toys.  Now they have found their way into Ross stores unexpectedly!  Not every area in the U.S. has Ross stores so I picked one up today and placed it on eBay for those of you who may be interested.  I started the bidding @ $9.99 - less than what I paid for it.

The toy itself is a repaint of the earlier released Cobra Night Raven.  It's a fantastic update to the original A Real American Hero Night Raven jet.  If you decide to open the toy (gasp!) it's quite fun too as it has some great play features.  The main draw for a lot of collector's I'd imagine is the new pilot figure, the Star-Viper.  Star-Viper you may wonder.  Last time I remember seeing the Star-Viper was when he came packaged with the old Cobra Stilleto vehicle!

I find it very interesting that Ross is carrying these toys.  First it was the "new" Pursuit of Cobra Rage and the black version of the Pursuit of Cobra H.I.S.S. tank and now these canceled store exclusives.  If you are curious or if you don't have a Ross store in your area check out the auction.  Who knows how many of these were produced and are floating around out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment