Thursday, March 3, 2011

Transformers Animated: Microbots Collection

Japan loves to cram things into vending machines - underwear, cigarettes, candy and toys...or more specifically Transformers. I was recently sent 3 of these new Transformers Animated Microbot PVC figures and I wanted to take a second to share them with everyone.


Photobucket

These figures come packaged in small egg shaped capsules along with a little brochure. There are 6 figures in the set. Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Megatron, Blackarachnia & Starscream. I'm not sure how much they retail for in Japan, but they can be found for rather cheap online.

Each figure reminds me of Takara's past Myclone figures...only these don't have near the articulation. These stand at about 1 inch tall. Like a lot of things from the land of the rising sun these feature enlarged heads on top of a smaller body. Prime here doesn't really have any moving parts, but I love the sculpt.

Photobucket

Megatron here is my favorite of the 3 I have. The head sculpt is fantastic and dead on to the animation. Both of his arms are slightly articulated allowing some minor poses.

Photobucket

Blackarachnia like the others looks fantastic. I love these little things and I'll probably track down the other 3 figures now. If you like PVC figures or just want something a little different then hunt these little critters down.

No comments:

Post a Comment