Monday, March 22, 2021

Matchbox Monday: 2020 #010/100 MBX Garbage Scout


From the 2020 series, MBX Garbage Scout is part of the MBX City subseries.



The truck sports a blue die-cast metal cab and undercarriage, however the rear portion of the truck is cast in black plastic. Like many of the Matchbox City type vehicles there are some city images on the side of the cab. I don't believe this vehicle is officially licensed, but from the grill it looks like a Ford to me. Speaking of the cab, all of the paint apps are on the sides of the truck.

.

This vehicle's play feature is the included blue plastic trash bin. It comes attached to the truck, but is removable. I know as a kid I would have liked playing with a garbage truck so I can only assume today's youth would find this just as interesting?

This is the 1st use of this mold.

3 comments:

  1. Good looking car. I don't do many matchbox I love the variety they put out. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's the old man in me that likes the more subtle, real world designs in Matchbox versus the flames and exposed engines of Hot Wheels.

      Delete
  2. Never seen a truck like that hauling a trash bin... but if I was a kid, this is the kind of car I'd buy. I'd be putting dirt and sand all up in that bin.

    ReplyDelete