Saturday, March 23, 2019

Hot Wheels: Fast & Furious '70 Dodge Challenger (Screen Time 04/10)

As a kid I loved Hot Wheels. I had more cars and trucks than I did of any other toy. To this day I still like to thumb through the pegs to see what's new and some time ago I noticed that Mattel was doing a Screen Time series featuring vehicles from different movies.


Fast & Furious has never been a series of films that I've followed, in fact I'm not sure I've seen any of the movies from beginning to end! However this '70's Dodge Challenger was just too cool to pass up.


I do remember seeing this car in the trailer for the movie and I thought it looked pretty awesome. The lifted suspension, larger tires, the rollbar on the front and the (spare?) tires on the back of the car gave it an edgy look. What I didn't realize until after I took the car out of the packaging was there was real working suspension on the car!



Regardless of this car being from a movie, it's an awesome Hot Wheels car and one that I know I would've played an awful lot with as a kid. As of the time of this post there are new Screen Time vehicles out at retail, but nothing as a tough as this.

1 comment:

  1. That Charger is pretty cool. Wasn't into the series either, but I saw the first couple of films. As for Hot Wheels, I owned a few as a kid, but the bulk of my toys were Star Wars stuff.

    ReplyDelete