Wednesday, April 6, 2011

2003 Japanese G1 Transformers Trading Cards?

I have a lot of hobbies - too many if you ask my wife!  While most of my hobbies stand alone I do like it when they cross paths...such as trading cards and Transformers.  I've been known in the past to buy the Japanese version of a Transformer toy largely in part to obtain the included tech spec trading card.  While I can't afford to do that anymore I do actively seek to buy these cards from other collectors.  Occasionally I'll run across a new card to add to my collection (which I plan to share here eventually).  Even less I'll run across something I've never seen before.  Today I'll be sharing some Japanese G1 Transformers trading cards I picked up from who knows where.  I've never seen these before so I can't offer up any information on them outside of the 2003 copyright date on the cards.  I would love to find more of these, but I know that probably won't happen any time soon.  So for now enjoy the pictures.

Photobucket  Photobucket

Photobucket  Photobucket

Photobucket  Photobucket

Photobucket  Photobucket

Photobucket  Photobucket

Photobucket  Photobucket

Photobucket  Photobucket

Photobucket  Photobucket

Photobucket  Photobucket

Photobucket  Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. These are seriously cool. I'm wondering if maybe they were created to hype the Commemoratives coming out in Japan at the time, you know the crazy expensive convention exclusives? But if that were the case they probably would have released cards of all the characters that were released in that campaign, which they obviously didn't. It is the Frenzy and Bumblebee that really throw me. That is the only thing I can think of. Were they all bundled together or did you get them separate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that I got all the cards from the same person.

    ReplyDelete