Wednesday, October 21, 2015

GI Joe 25th Anniversary: Chuckles (Assault on Cobra Island)

 photo YoJoe018_zpsa19eb548.jpgIn 2009 Hasbro released two very popular GI Joe multi-packs, one of which was Assault on Cobra Island. This set featured 7 Joes, one of which was Chuckles.

By the time the multi-packs started being released, I had already started to back off buying every single 25th Anniversary Joe release. I was focusing more on collecting the Cobra characters so I passed up this set...though it wouldn't be long before I regretted that decision and started to pick up a few of the figures.

My first introduction to the character, like many others, was in the animated GI Joe movie. Chuckles had a rather small role in the movie, but being one of the new recruits that Beachhead was put in charge of getting combat ready, many fans remember him. If not for that, then perhaps when he grabbed a missile off the side of a HAVOC vehicle and threw, yes threw it at one of the Cobra-La enemies!

This is the 2nd version of Chuckles and the sculpters did a good job with him. He's got his trademark Hawaiian style shirt and olive paints. He didn't come with a lot of accessories, but it's almost as if he doesn't need them. I should mention mine is missing the small hand gun (and figure stand). This is because the display rack I used to have on my wall for select Joe figures fell off the wall, scattering figures and accessories all over the place. I've since sold the figure in the great GI Joe purge.

Great figure, even better multi-pack set he was apart of. Highly worth the purchase if you can find him for a decent price.

No comments:

Post a Comment