Tuesday, March 29, 2022

WWE Elite Collection Royal Rumble Series (2022): Yokozuna

 

Exclusively at Target, this year's Royal Rumble series features four figures, each with a part for the "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart build-a-figure. The line up features two WWE hall of famers and two current wrestlers, one from SmackDown! and one from NXT. 

The packaging mimics the regular Elite Collection with it's angled edge window blister. The back of the packaging features a little bio of sorts for Earthquake along with an image of the other figures included in the series. The Jimmy Hart build-a-figure is also prominently featured and shows you the pieces included. Kudos to Mattel for making a build-a-figure wave as such a little more affordable with just 4 figures...Hasbro should take note!


Yokozuna has to be one of the thickest action figures I've see. I think the designers really nailed the overall look, from the head/facial expression to the overall girth of the character.

The massive wrestler is wearing his iconic white wrestling gear with black sumo sash. This piece is made of a softer plastic so you can move the tassels hanging in the front. A large bow on the rear of the sash completes the look. Here you'll also see the extra piece of plastic added to the, uh, rear of the figure! 

Articulation is great. I believe I counted 16 points of articulation, from his neck to his ankles, he has all of the standard fare joints you'd expect out of a modern action figure. I'm also happy to report that he stands very well without any additional support. I'll be using a figure stand that I purchased from Ringside Collectibles, but it's not necessarily needed.


I'll admit that I'm not as familiar with this wrestler as I am some of the others in the series as I was more of a NWA / WCW guy, however how can you not know who Yokozuna is? From the image on the packaging however it appears they captured his likeness pretty well.


In addition to a pair of interchangeable grasping hands, Yokozuna also comes packaged with a barrel. I'm really at a loss as to why this is included...if you can educate me please do so in the comments.


The included build-a-figure parts for Jimmy Hart include his head, sunglasses and megaphone. What I didn't notice at first was that there are small holes just above the ears that allow the sunglasses to slide in, giving it a much better look than if the glasses just slide onto the sides of the head. Keep following the blog as Jimmy will get his own post to wrap up this series of posts.


Overall this is a great figure and worth the purchase. Once I get my WWE collection out of the moving boxes I plan to include Yokozuna (and Earthquake) in my "classics" display. Unless you must have the Jimmy Hart build-a-figure pieces, try to find him loose as you'll save a good bit of money.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure what the bucket is for... but it's a sweet figure.

    ReplyDelete