Thursday, August 13, 2020

Super7 Keshi Surprise: Transformers (Autobot)

While walking the massive sales floor of the Charlotte Convention center with my family during HeroesCon 2019, I ran across a dealer that had displays of these blind packaged Super7 Keshi Surprise Transformers figures. I had not seen these before at the time or really knew what they were...but the packaging grabbed my attention. Best I could tell these were chibi like PVC figurines. The back of the box stated there 6 different figures/characters in this assortment and came in one of 4 different colors. Priced at $5 each I grabbed one Autobot and one Decepticon box.



The boxes are small, colorful and looks like something you'd find in Japan. I love the artwork featured on the front of the box. The same artwork can be found on one side of the box showing each of the 6 difference characters - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Jazz, Ironhide and Wheeljack.



I ended up with an orange Ironhide. Immediately upon removing the figure from the black plastic bag inside the box I was reminded of the old Decoys from the 80's. Even the small square sticker reminded me of some of the bonus items found with select Transformers from my childhood. These stickers have a prismatic foil background and look fantastic in hand. The back has line art for the same artwork found on the packaging.


While the Decoys from the 80's were made of a soft rubber, these Keshi figures are cast in a harder plastic. The figures themselves stand at about 1.75 inches. I believe the 4 colors are red, purple, blue and orange.

I like this sculpt of Ironhide as it captures the classic animation look of the character. The head is especially nicely done. The fixed arm pose with fists ready to punch a Decepticon is fitting for this old warrior.


I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Keshi figures look side by side the old Decoys. They are different, but similar.

I love finding stuff like this and at $5 each they are cheap enough to take a chance here and there. I would have been nice to pull a red Ironhide, but that just means I'll need to try again sometime. Highly recommended if you like this kind of collectible.

1 comment:

  1. These are cool. I actually like the sticker more than the figurine... but both are cool.

    ReplyDelete