Thursday, July 23, 2020

Transformers Monogram Optimus Prime Keychain


Another Dollar Tree find, these little PVC keychain figurines are similar to the blind packaged figures also found at (some) Dollar Tree stores. I didn't care about owning all of them so I just grabbed Optimus Prime.


Monogram did a good job with the overall sculpt. I'm glad the hands are molded as fists instead of open as some of the others cheap PVCs. Paint apps are hit and miss. I had to look at all of them on the pegs and find the one with the best applications. Too bad the smokestacks were painted silver/gray. The tires molded on the back of the legs were painted gray when I would have preferred if they were black.

The keychain is attached to the head and the plastic clip is the larger size. I don't use it as a clip at all, instead I just stood the figure on my Optimus shelf. Not too bad for a buck.

4 comments:

  1. Is this a recent find or collectors item?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found a few months from the date of the post...

      Delete
  2. Very cool. Hard to pass up for a buck. I'd probably end up using it for my spare keys or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't know about these. I may give it a look, but yes I'd only get Prime also if I find a good one.

    ReplyDelete