Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Star Wars Micro Force: AT-AT

Originally I didn't pay much attention to the Star Wars Micro Force line as it was just blind packaged small rubbery figures. I thought they were cool and all, but largely forgettable. Then later on I found some of the Micro Force vehicles at a Five Below store and my curiosity got the best of me. I picked up this AT-AT for $3 so let's take a look at it closer.



The AT-AT came in a small window box with a hang tab. The Star Wars logo is cast in yellow, which was the same that was used for the Solo movie line. On the back you can see some of the features of the toy along with a cross sale for more figures.


The included AT-AT Driver figure was exactly what I thought it would be...a squishy, rubbery figure. The AT-AT however was nicer than I expected. It's made of a hard plastic and while not articulated, it does have some play features.




The sculpting of this toy is really nice. Much more design worked into the tiny mold that I would have expected. The paint apps are very minimal, but are nicely applied.


The cockpit has an opening canopy as does the side of the vehicle. These are big enough to hold one Micro Force figure.


This line is called Micro Force for a reason - they are small! Just take a look at the AT-AT beside a 3 3/4" Stormtrooper! I found this to be a fun little toy and after messing around with this made me want to pick up the Snowspeeder...however I was never able to find any Micro Force toys again at local retail.

1 comment:

  1. The AT=AT is one of my favorite SW vehicles. I'd probably grab one of these for $3 if I found it at a store and throw it on my classroom shelf.

    ReplyDelete