Monday, May 25, 2020

Marvel 500 Blind Bag (Series 8)

Marvel 500 is a line of bind packaged 2 inch tall PVC mini figures of various Marvel super heroes and villains. The line would prove quite popular as it would feature a total of 16 series'. Each blind bag featured the figure a trading card sized checklist of sorts.


I grabbed one bag from my local Walgreens drug store just to see what these were like. Growing up with the likes of M.U.S.C.L.E. figures and being a pretty big Marvel fan, I knew I call fall down a rabbit hole with these figures if I wasn't careful. Knowing that this was the only figure that I purchased for myself.


I purchased a Series 8 bag and ended up with Sandman. I was impressed with the sculpting of the tiny figure. The swirling sand that takes the place of his legs is a nice touch, as is the enlarged fist and mace. As you can see the figure is cast in a translucent plastic, accented with gold glitter inside to replicate the sand look. There aren't any paint apps on this figure and that's probably wise as it looks good as-is. I believe this figure first debuted in Series 3 and was cast in a solid tan color plastic.

I was tempted to grab a few others, but at a suggested retail price of $2.99 each I decided my money was better spent on other things.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of the blind bags, but that sure is a good looking figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it looks better than the first Sandman figure released...the glitter included in the translucent plastic really helped complete the sand look.

      Delete
  2. I could see myself lining up my podium with these in my classroom... but the price seems a little steep. I'd probably be more likely to buy them if they were sitting at Dollar Tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did hit clearance at many stores as I was buying them up for my brother whenever I saw them. $2 would have been fine, but $2.50 or $3 was too much for me to justify purchasing more than one.

      Delete
  3. Wow, good on you for recognizing who that was. I stared and squinted at it and couldn't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, they are very cool and I have a few on my desk at work. I just can't get past the price point!

    ReplyDelete