Thursday, December 31, 2015

Q-Transformers: Prowl QT-06

The last day of 2015 is here and I realized that I haven't given the blog as much content lately as I wanted to. You would think with the Holidays and extra time off from work I'd have more time for things like this...but nope. None the less let me dig out a toy that I've been sitting on for quite some time, or should I say a new Transformers series I've been sitting on for awhile.


Transformers Q, a new series of Transformers that Takara Tomy introduced late in 2014. Based on the Choro Q designs, these are penny racers in disguise! I really didn't think this series would go on for as long as it has, but I've already got a few of the new figures on pre-order that are to be released in 2016.

This small figures come packaged in vehicle mode on a blister card. Like many blister card packaging from Japan, you can slit the tape on the back and easy slip out the cardboard blister card.


I try really hard not to swerve too far off my main collecting path, but there was just something about these figures that I couldn't resist. While I haven't gone crazy and picked up every single release, I have been picking up the majority of the G1 characters.

In vehicle mode these look great. Highly detailed there is no mistaken which characters these are supposed to be. In fact the level of detailing is a little surprising to me. While Prowl lacks his Highway Patrol motif on his side doors, you can take one look at this toy and know it's Prowl. Period.


Of all the Q figures I've opened thus far, the transformation is the same. Pull down the legs, pull out the arms and flip up the head. I really wasn't expecting the legs or arms to be articulated, but surprisingly they are. Attached via ball joints, the limbs have a decent range of motion.

I guess it's the "cuteness" factor that keeps me coming back, or maybe it's the cheap price tag (generally $10 or less are most online retailers). Whatever the reason these little guys have found a spot in my G1 one centric collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment