Friday, September 23, 2011

Mega Bloks Halo: Series 3 Blind Packs

I'm a little surprised that I, a avid video gamer, have ignored the Mega Bloks Halo toys for as long as I have.  Maybe it's my renewed interest in Halo with this being the 10th anniversary, but I picked up one of these blind packaged figure packs a few days ago on a whim.  While the quality doesn't seem up to par w/ LEGO, I gotta say I'm beginning to understand why these little sets are so popular with collectors.  Series 3 gives you 8 new figures to chase.  I'm not sure if there are any cheat sheets out there that help you determine what figure is inside or not so I just grabbed the pack on the top.  For $2.50 you get one figure with accessories and one black brick.  These must me pretty popular as when I went back to grab another pack the little gravity feeder box was empty...and it was just packed full not 2 or 3 days earlier!

Photobucket

The figures come in 3 levels of rarity if you will.  Out of the 8 possible figures you have a better chance at pulling a common (blue) figure.  I ended up with the orange UNSC Spartan.

Photobucket

It wouldn't be a Mega Bloks set if you didn't get to assemble your figure.  I like how these little mini figures feature ball and socket joints.  I didn't know going in these figures had this level of articulation.  You also have hinged elbows and knees and the waist swivels a full 360 degrees.

Photobucket

The paint apps on these figures look really nice.  I like the worn / weathered look on the armor.  I also have to say I like the wide stance of the figures.  When putting the figure on a block you have a peg in between the feet.

Photobucket

Overall these are nice little figures.  I may just be tempted to pick up a few more of these blind packages and possibly even a small building block set.  I don't have the funds or space to go hog wild here, but I commend Mega Bloks for handling the Halo license well here.

No comments:

Post a Comment