Saturday, April 1, 2023

WWE Elite Collection Series 94: Wes Lee


Series 94 was the debut of Wes Lee, the current NXT North American Champion. This figure is based off his tag team with Nash Carter, MSK. They were a great tag team and were a lot of fun to watch, however that team didn't last long as Nash Carter ran into some trouble from what I understand. Wes has gone on to do more in the singles division than I thought he would and has become a favorite of mine.


Wes is one of the smaller wrestlers so his figure is on the smaller side as well. While his ring gear has changed now that MSK is no longer a team, the style of wrestling trunks remains the same. They remind me of what a boxer would wear, the sides are arched giving them a unique look. This particular gear sports the MSK colors and logo on the rear. Packaged with the figure is an alternate set of hands, almost closed fists, as pictured above. The stock set of hands are more open and good for posing like during the ring entrance.





Some wrestlers have more ink than others and Wes Lee is one of those. His whole back is covered, as is his upper chest and both arms. I've never really been able to get a good look at his tattoos on TV, but now that I can see them I like them. The large angel wings on his back, the crown of thorns and the "King of Kings" at base of his neck stand out to me. Each of the tattoos are pretty clean. It amazes me how Mattel is able to capture so much detail.


Wes may wear his hair slightly different now, but the head sculpt is still great and captured the then look. His signature mutton chops and goatee help complete the look.


Wes' other accessory is his jacket. It's made of a very soft plastic and buttons up on the front with three rectangular snaps. Its not the easiest to get the jacket on and off the figure as you really have to bend one arm back pretty far, however once you get it one and snap it up it fits really well. Like his wrestling trunks, the faux hooded jacket contains the MSK colors. I'm not a fan of soft goods so this is a nice inclusion.

Overall I found this figure to be pretty good and I'm glad they worked him into the Elite Collection, however now I'm looking forward to his next figure. Perhaps if he holds onto that North American Championship belt a little longer his next figure will come packaged with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment