Wednesday, March 29, 2023

WWE Elite Collection Survivor Series (2022): Becky Lynch


The 2022 Survivor Series line once again was a Build-a-Figure wave and contained 4 figures. Rick Rude would be the figure you could build in this series. I had aspirations to pick up all the figures in the wave, but ultimately passed as I just didn't care for the others. I still may get around to picking up AJ Styles, but the young Drew McIntyre and Ultimate Warrior do nothing for me. Even Rick is a little lack luster in my book, especially when compared to some of the other BAFs released in the recent past.

On to our subject, Becky Lynch. When I first saw the solicitations for this figure I couldn't wait to show my daughter. Like I thought, she wanted it and ended up putting Becky on her Christmas list. I can't remember now who purchased this for her, but I ended up buying it off of her as she got so many figures for Christmas I guess this one fell out of favor with her for whatever reason. After I finally got her open recently, maybe she knew something about this figure that I didn't?


Becky's Survivor Series gear was different, especially those large diamond shaped knee pads. She had a look all her own that night and Mattel did a pretty good job capturing that even in toy form. Her ring gear is fairly simple being a long sleeved red top and briefs, red boots and of course the knee pads. Her hair is sculpted over her shoulders and back, which does effect the head articulation, but looks good. Fish net stockings are painted on her thighs...it's a good looking figure, but there was just something about it as I first held it in hand that I couldn't quite get.


The head sculpt is pretty spot on for miss Rebecca Quinn. This is an area where I feel Mattel is excelled. They do a great job capturing the wrestlers' likeness and this figure is no exception. Good paint apps and hair go a long way in helping with the overall look. Her facial expression is a different, but perhaps that's why this figure stands out from the other Becky Lynch figures.


The only accessories included with the figure (outside the BAF parts) are a set of extra closed fists, which I prefer the look of these hands on the figure. Articulation is standard fare here, nothing to really complain about. I feel like I should like this figure more, but there is something about it that I can't put my finger on. I wanted to gush over how great this figure is, but I can't. I won't. I don't want to be that type of fan that never has anything negative to say. This isn't a bad figure, it really isn't, but this version of Becky just doesn't quite do it for me. Your mileage however may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment