Thursday, March 30, 2023

WWE Elite Collection Series 90: Big Boss Man


I was more of a WCW guy back in the day, however I always liked the Big Boss Man. I was glad to see him included in series 90 of the Elite Collection and quickly added him to my Amazon shopping cart upon his release. I'm not sure what happened to the packaging, but mine arrived with a big ol' rip on the back of the packaging. Good thing I open my toys!


My first impression out of the package was mostly positive. I like big, hefty, chunky figures and Big Boss Man fits that mold. The light blue Police shirt looks good, as do the patches on the shirt. The pants aren't anything special, but works well with the rest of the uniform. They even left the top two buttons of his shirt unbuttoned to expose his chest hair as so often was the case. Where I feel this figure falls a little flat is the head sculpt.


Mattel has been hitting it out of the park when it comes to head sculpts, but there is just something off about Big Boss Man's capture. Maybe it's the smile? Or maybe the hair...I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I'm just having a hard time getting behind this head sculpt.


Packaged with the figure a few accessories. Two extra set of hands are included, one set of closed fists and one set of pointing hands, a hat, billy club and a set of handcuffs. I'm not too sure about this hat however. It fits snugly on his head, but it also makes his head look really large. Ever seen the movie Mega Mind?


I was so excited going into opening this figure, but now that I've had him in hands for a bit I'm a little disappointed. I don't think it's a bad figure, believe me I've see far worse, but it's not quite living up to my expectations. Maybe said expectations were too high to begin with? I'm not looking to sell the figure at this time, rather I'll add him to my WWE Legends subcollection, but I'm secretly hoping Mattel will take another stab at the Big Boss Man in a future series.

No comments:

Post a Comment