Monday, March 20, 2023

Matchbox Working Rigs: 2023 Collection, 05/16 - GM Brightdrop Zevo 800 (FedEx)


GM Brightdrop Zevo 800



I don't often look at the Working Rigs hanging on the pegs at my local stores, but the other night I had to run into Walmart to grab something so of course I make my obligatory run down the toy aisles. Hanging right on the front of the peg, catching my attention was this new FedEx delivery truck. I think I remember hearing some guy on YouTube talk about this release, but this was my first time seeing it in person. One of the reasons I gravitate to the Matchbox brand is because of the models and realistic decos many of them sport. I figured this would blend into the collection quite well.

Upon freeing it from it's cardboard and plastic prison, I was impressed. I could tell the vehicle had some heft to it in the packaging alone. The whole body is diecast metal with a plastic base. The windows are tinted black so unfortunately you can't see into the cab. The FedEx paint apps are fantastically applied to all 4 sides of the vehicle. The rear cargo door even advertises that this delivery truck is eco friendly.



The rear cargo door is also diecast, something I wasn't expecting seeing how it's a functional piece on the vehicle. Not only does the door lift up, but it can be pushed into the cargo bay to keep the door open. From what I've seen most of the Working Rigs vehicles do have moving parts so this isn't anything special on this release, but still a nice touch.

This is a really impressive vehicle and one that I'm happy to add to the collection. I believe Matchbox also released a FedEx themed Action Drivers set...guess I'll have to track that down now.

No comments:

Post a Comment