Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Hot Wheels - 2022 Mystery Models Series 2: #03 '10 Camaro SS (chase)

I missed my opportunity to look for any of the chase vehicles from Series 1 of the new Mystery Models, but I happened to find several boxes the other day at my local Walmart that appeared to be full. Like with previous years, the partially-blind bag packaging features a small transparent circle in the lower right corner that allows you to get a peak at the vehicle inside. While the car assortment images aren't printed on the back of the bag, you can see the whole mix featured on the side of the gravity feeder box. Series two features 3 chase vehicles with #01 in the set being a surprise.


#03 in the set is a '10 Camaro SS done in a metallic garnet color and has a Beach Patrol theme. The white pin stripes on the hood and side of car have thin yellow trim/design. The windshields are cast in a transparent light blue, along with the light bar featured on top of the car. The rollbar on the front is part of the plastic undercarriage. The interior is the same shade of gray plastic that is used on the front rollbar. Finally the black 5 spoke wheels feature a thin yellow trim along the face of the tires.

Mystery Models are exclusive to Walmart stores and retail for about 10 cents more (give or take) than your traditional Hot Wheels vehicle.




2 comments:

  1. Have y’all seen any errors on this car yet? I bought one from my local Walmart and I had 3 of the yellow trimmed 5 spoke wheels a one silver trimmed wheel on the front that had no spokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know of any variants to this model, but then again I'm not a seasoned Hot Wheels collector. Have you checked the Hot Wheels Wiki by chance?

      Delete