Friday, June 20, 2014

New eBay Store!

A few weeks ago I went to an old co-worker's house to look at toys from her son's and nephew's past.  I had no idea how much they had, I just knew the boxes contained Transformers, G.I. Joe and more.  I was eager to see what kind of Transformers they had as the nephew was about the same age as my wife (early 30's).

Well in my excitement I forgot to take pictures so you'll have to use your imagination!  When I got to their house I was greeted with one of those large 15 gallon plastic totes, full of toys.  Then she told me she had 7 more on the back porch!  Looking back at me in those containers were G1 and G2 Transformers, G.I. Joe A Real American Hero figures (and parts of figures), TMNT, Star Wars and so, so, so much more.  We quickly agreed upon a deal and then I proceeded to load up my car to head home.

It took me a week just to sort through everything.  To this moment I am still in shock of some of the things I found.  The downside to all of this is the way these toys were stored.  Outside, in a storage shed.  The heat and humidity didn't treat some of the toys kindly.  I pulled out several toys that were badly discolored...and not just white plastic.  I don't have a count of the G1 figures I pulled out, but it had to exceed 75 at least.  Some of which were in better shape than some I had in my own collection (Sandstorm, Huffer) and a few I didn't even own (Blitzwing).  The real treat however was all the little loose parts floating around the bottom of the containers.  I found a Spike Headmaster, Vroom's small gun, Fasttrack's small orange gun, several Trypticon parts, two Megatron Action Master missiles I lacked and more.

I still haven't even touched the other containers save for sorting them.  I have so much I couldn't begin to figure out the best way to try and move them.  I thought about using some of the toy forums or some Facebook groups, but ultimately I decided to re-open my eBay store I had years ago.  This is a time consuming process, and time isn't something I have an abundance of.  However I will be slowly adding these toys and parts to the store over the next few weeks / months.  If you see something you want, send me a message letting me know that you follow this blog, or have 'Liked' my Facebook page and I'll pass along a small discount.  I'm not trying to get rich here, but all of this actually comes at a time when my family could use some extra money to help pay down some debt and pay some unexpected bills.


While I'm not buying right now, I am leaving the option of trading open.  I lack just under 20 G1 figures now from completing the line and there are still several parts I need to complete various figures.  That said if you see something in the store you are interested in, let me know and we'll if we can work out some kind of deal.  If by chance anyone has any complete M.A.S.K. toys also let me know as I'd be interested in trading for those as well.

2 comments:

  1. I shall check your store out. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy toledo! This is the sort of find I'm always wishing for. Maybe some little old lady will tell me she's getting rid of all her kids old toys, and bingo! Mortgage is paid off. lol

    Anyhow, great score. There are a couple things I'm looking for, so I'll be sending you a message soon.

    ReplyDelete